Re: Calculating maximum throughput for an Apache based system

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:43:35 -0400
"Wm.A.Stafford" <stafford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have been asked to come up with a figure for the number of users
> per unit time our
> Apache-based site can support and to indicate the resource; memory,
> disk space etc,  that
> would be maxed out when this number of users was reached.

We have some folks who have talked or written about scaling Apache
to absurd amounts of traffic.  OTTOMH, Colm MacCarthaigh has reported
over 100,000 concurrent connections to a single server, and Brian Akins
is another name to google for.  You might like to read what they've
done to scale it.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/