Re: Where is libphp5.so?

On Mar 20, 2007, at 11:45 PM, Gaël Lams wrote:

Hi

The following is a message I sent to the php-install mailing list. I am
trying to cover all the bases by sending it to this list;
Thanks in advance
I am coming over here from the general questions list with this
situation.
I am using FreeBSD v  6.2.
I have installed Apache v1.3.37
with:
./configure --enable-module=so --enable-module=rewrite
--enable-shared=max
make
make install

then
php 5.2.1

is ther any reason why 1) you want to use apache 1.3.37 and 2) you
want to compile php 5 from source?

If you google a little bit you will several how-tos on installing
apache 2, php5, mysql5 on Freebsd, including version 6.2 and all seems
to use /usr/ports/lang/php5

Thanks, I won't go into it. I have done this successfully several times. I
expected it to be succxessful this time. I know about ports of FreeBSD.
I have had reasons for bypassing it.
I was hoping for someone with enough knowledge of the development
side of php that they could give me some specific suggestions about
what to look for in scripts used in the configure, build and install process.
Jeff K