RE: Revisiting my FastCGI problem

Mark Lavi wrote:
I would recommend enabling logging of SELinux in order to confirm your
assumption rather than show us a configuration that may or may not be in
use - and may or may not be the answer for your hypothesis of the
problem.

SELinux logging and configuration, etc. are an OS based domain for
questions, you're straying outside of Apache at this point.

I understand that selinux is not an Apache issue, but it is irrelevant to this discussion anyway as I am now certain that it is not a factor. After reading up on it, I used the getenforce command to check the state of selinux, it is disabled on this machine just like the config says it is and just to be sure, I also forced it off using setenforce 0 to disable it.

I am still stuck with the same problem and am no closer to a solution within Apache. The problem is with Apache and mod_fcgid trying to open and connect to a unix socket to communicate with each other, they simply can't do it. The socket gets created but the connect from mod_fcgid is refused which then causes it to end the script execution attempt and produces the premature end of script headers error.

For now, I do have a work around that I have already tested using lighttpd on an alternate port, this is OK for now as it is not a high-volume application or a heavily loaded server. However, I would eventually like to get it working as it should under Apache. Because this is on a Plesk-controlled machine and administered by some people who are rather unskilled in this area, I want it to run under the tools they have and know.

If anyone has any other ideas on what to look at next, I'm all ears.

Dragon