From: Sim [mailto:simvirus@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 March 2007 08:56
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Reverse Proxy Timeout (http/https)

Hi! I have configurated Apache in Reverse Proxy, for one "Apche
front-end" of "MS Exchange 2003"

This work very well, but some times I receved timeout errors from Exchange. [

The average of the most recent [200] heartbeat intervals used by
clients is less than or equal to [9]. Make sure that your firewall
configuration is set to work correctly with Exchange ActiveSync and
direct push technology. Specifically, make sure that your firewall is
configured so that requests to Exchange ActiveSync do not expire
before they have the opportunity to be processed.
 http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=3033&eventno=7241&source=Server%20ActiveSync&phase=1
]

Is there a solution to increase http/https TimeOut session for reverse
proxy, or another solutions? For example KeepAlive?

Excuse me but I'm not expert in this Reverse Proxy method.

My config:      ROUTER<--------ETH0->Apache Reverse
Proxy<-ETH1-------EXCHANGE (192.168.0.2)

        ProxyRequests Off
        ProxyPreserveHost On
        SSLProxyEngine On

        #OWA % character in email subject fix
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteMap percentsubject int:escape
        RewriteCond $1 ^/exchange/.*\%.*$
        RewriteRule (/exchange/.*) ${percentsubject:$1} [P]

        # à è ...
        AddDefaultCharset utf-8

        # OWA
        <Location /exchange>