Re: SSL access_log Flooded with "GET /" from 127.0.0.1 localhost

On 3/19/07, imacat <imacat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    First, why does it need to do so, as making an internal request?
What will happen if it is not doing so?  Couldn't it just return an HTTP
400 Bad Request response to the user?

    The second and the most strange thing is that: Nobody is actually
make such an HTTP on HTTPS requst!  Not only that this is our internal
server that no one outside can reach.  If I make such an HTTP on HTTPS
request, I got the following result:

    Could someone tell me what these internal requests from?  Where can
I shut them down?

If you used extended-combined log format, you'd see from the
User-Agent field that these requests are "Internal dummy conenctions"
used by apache to manage its own processes.  They can (and should) be
safely ignored.

Joshua.