Reverse Proxy - How to disable HTTP access?

Good Morning,

First, I must apologize and confess to being a reverted newbie... Years ago (pre 2000), I worked with the Apache web server, but I find myself suffering from C.R.S. syndrome...

I have setup a reverse proxy for an internal HTTP Tomcat web service on a default configuration for Apache 2.2 web server. My additional configuration is as follows (system / host names changed to protect the guilty):

        #
        # Reverse Proxy Server: Backend system on Tomcat server
        #
        <IfModule mod_proxy.c>
        ProxyRequests Off

        <Proxy http://internet.com/system/*>
            Order deny,allow
            Deny from all
        </Proxy>

        ProxyPass /timesheet http://localhost:8080/system
        ProxyPassReverse /timesheet http://localhost:8080/system
        </IfModule>

The reverse proxy works fine when I attempt to go to the http://internet.com/system URL. I also discovered that SSL is available by default on my installation (Apache was installed via RedHat Fedora Core 6) using a default SSL localhost self-signed certificate. This means that the application is also available through the https://internet.com/system URL.

My chief question (one for which I am still coming the archives) is how do I disable the proxy configuration for the HTTP URL? I want only to proxy the system's access when the HTTPS protocol is used to connect to Apache. Can I do it with this type of configuration, or do I need to think about a virtual host?

Also, I assume the following to be an FAQ: How does one change the default localhost self-signed certificate to a custom one (self-signed or official)? Is this strictly done with OpenSSL work, or does it require some Apache configuration as well? Again, looking through the archives for this one too...

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Jon Brule