Re: Cannot use ServerName with a reverse proxy

On 3/16/07, Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi list,

my previous email might be to big and nobody has had enough courage to
read it :-).

So, I will try to be more compact here:

In Apache 1.3.29, how could the ServerName directive prevent a
reverse-proxy from functionning and instead show the message:

%   Proxy Error
%   The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.
%
%   Reason: Host not found

I don't see any direct way this could happen.  Some thoughts:

1. OpenBSD's "apache" is somewhat-heavily patched based on an obsolete
version and therefore might do any number of things different from
regular apache.  So you might need to consult with OpenBSD lists for
problems with that server.

2. Try tracing the communication on the line and see what is going on.
Exactly what host is the proxy requesting?  Is there a redirect
involved?

Joshua.