Re: Disabling VirtualHosts

On 10/03/07, Kyle <genkokitsu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Initially when I installed Linux on my computer I didn't have a
pressing need to use the apache server, so I allowed it to default on
the install. For some unknown reasion, the installer set up Apache with
VirtualHosts enabled. Now I'm trying to set up a web site and I'm
having problems, namely I'm trying to disable the use of VirtualHosts
as I don't need them--there will be only one site hosted here. I've
edited the conf file, commenting out the line:

#Include /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/[^.#]*

However now my web browser is returning a 'File Does Not Exist' error,
even though there's an index.html file in place. There's something that
I'm missing, I'm sure of that, but the files on the apache site are
remarkably unhelpful when it comes to turning OFF VHs, all the docs
I've found are about turing them on. Same for the web searches I've
done.

There's really no reason to 'turn them off'. Just use the default
vhost as provided by your debian installation. May I ask why you wish
to not use a vhost?

Otherwise, check your error log for the path to the file apache couldn't find.

--
noodl