Re: HTTPD and SSL Certs

Thanks Very Much!  It does indeed...

On 3/9/07, Ian Johnson <cjohnsoia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there anyone out there that can answer the following set of
questions for me (or point me to where I may find the information)?

Any and all help/responses is greatly appreciated.

While setting up ssl and apache 2 employing name servers I noticed
that you may only have one cert per httpd server rather than, what I
would consider desired, one per name.

Be that as it may, having set up a self signed cert, I am getting
certificate validation error that I don't believe I should be getting.
 That is:

"Could not verify this certificate for unknown reasons"

My Questions then:

1.  Is there something wrong with my cert?
2.  Must my cert be signed by a registered authority to be considered valid?
3.  What verifications are actually performed?

When using the 'testing purposes' cert that installs with the app I do
not get this message.

Thanks in advance,