Re: Automatic chmod =(

Nick Kew wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:09:59 +0200
> "Aldekein N.C." <aldekein@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>  777
>>

> Please take that server off the net NOW, and don't put it
> back on 'til you understand why that is so disastrously wrong!
>

>> some other way to disable it in Apache itself?
>>

> The operating system feature you're looking for us called umask.

It also appeared that he was trying to overcome a deliberate restirction
by his host, and that although he set the permissions to 777, they
returned, umask would however be the way to go it he wasn't chmodding
properly in the first place - ie if he WASNT using umask on a system
that needed it, and so his statement "I changed them to 777" wasnt
actually TRUE!
sometimes 777 is needed, and it appears he needed an apache method.

--
Matthew Farey