From: Richard van der Leeden [mailto:rleeden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2007 5:30 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Need recommendation for apache log summary
tool

robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I've been asked to summarize apache httpd log output in hopes
> of being able to characterize from where people visiting our
> web site are coming. Googling a bit brings up a lot of
> different programs for similar purposes. I wonder if anyone
> on this list can make a recommendation. Thanks in advance for
> any light you can shed on this question.

Have a look at
http://www.10e20.com/2007/03/01/analytics-on-the-cheap-six-free-stats-pa
ckages-for-the-startup-or-small-business-owner/
Analytics on the cheap  for a quick review of various tools.

I personally prefer  http://awstats.sourceforge.net/ Awstats . Very easy
set up, and gives lots of useful info.

Hope this helps,

Richard