Re: setting up virtual hosting

On 2/22/07, Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am back at it and it simply is NOT working.  No matter what I do, I
> cannot get to the default web site.

It is not clear what you mean by "default web site". Once you start
using VHs, the "default web site" becomes the *first* VH in the config.
So if you hit the server using IP address only (no hostname) you should
get the *first* VH. Is this what happens? If not, what site *do* you
get?

Owen,

I get what I consider the secondary site.  Which is exactly why I
asked the following question:

> In years past (like five years ago) I had been successful in doing thing,
> but that was back when there was only one httpd.conf file.  This SuSE
> setup has a ton of files.  Is there some way I can make apache tell me
> what it sees as the configuration?

Is there any way for me to get apache to display the config, the way
it sees it?  I am guessing I have something backwards so that what I
want as the default site is getting consumed after the site I want as
the secondary.

Sam