logformat %p in 2.0.x

I understand the behavior in 2.2.x is improved and better documented,
but  for 2.0.x the manual says:

Note that the canonical ServerName and Listen of the server serving
the request are used for %v and %p  respectively. This happens
regardless of the UseCanonicalName setting because otherwise log
analysis programs would have to duplicate the entire vhost matching
algorithm in order to decide what host really served the request.

But does the Listen directive ever have any bearing on %p? Sniff test
says ServerName and VirtualHost (as well as Host: header w/
UseCanonicalName off) but I don't see how Listen could come into play.

Incorrect holdover from 1.3.x documentation maybe?

--
Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx