Invalid Requests in Apache 1.3.28

Hi

We are running Apache 1.3.28 on Solaris 8.

Very often, we are getting some invalid requests on apache web server like below

"GET / HTTP/1.1" 301 254 "-" "-" "-"

from different IP address.  Even though it is not forwarding this
request to application layer, it is increasing HTTPD count on web
server and web server needs to be restarted after it reaching maximum
HTTPD count in web server

Is there any way we can restrict such requests and also not making
increase in the HTTPD count due to such requests

Any help in this regard are most welcome

Thanks in advance
Srikanth