Re: CGI differences in apache 2.0 and 2.2

Thanks. It is finding and executing the scripts. (Can put in a print statement before the system() command and see the results on a web browser calling the script.

Both the 2.0 and 2.2 apaches are using mod_cgi. In 2.0 it is built in and in 2.2 there's a LoadModule statement for it in httpd.conf.

But: mod_suexec is loaded in 2.2 and not loaded or built in in 2.0.

This is a difference I hadn't thought about or even known about. I don't really know about suexec or how it should be configured, but it looks like it could be close to my problems. Thanks for the pointer.

Steve P

Steve Swift wrote:
Being in the same directory as the program that is running is no guarantee that the command will be found, unless you either have "." in the PATH, or the language your command is written is explicitly looks in the same directory as the running program when resolving commands.

On 11/02/07, *William A. Rowe, Jr.* <wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Steve Pelikan wrote:
     > We have several perl cgi scripts that run fine with apache 2.0
    but fail
     > with 2.2. This is using 2.2 that is part of recent Fedora and 2.0.59
     > that I just built and installed on the same machine.
     >
     > The problem seems to be with system() calls in perl.
     >
     > What am I'm missing?

    httpd -l to compare which MPM's you built with?  Are you running mod_cgi
    or mod_cgid?  Did you build with suexec?

Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk