Re: Apache management and benchmark/test tools

Sander Temme ha scritto:

On Feb 7, 2007, at 3:36 AM, Nando Ronsisvalle wrote:

I'm looking for a tool or a set of tools to test (performances), benchmark and manage this web server.

There are many, from simple and free (ab, http_load, siege) to not-so-simple and free (flood, jmeter) all the way to very sophisticated and expensive (LoadRunner).

I'll take a look of these.
Unix groups, and Subversion.

Place everyone that can edit the configuration in one unix group. Make sure their umask is 002 and make the configuration files group-writable. Same story for the content. You can keep the configuration and content in Subversion, like we do at the ASF, so it's easy to track who changes what, and to roll out changes you just run svn update and give Apache a graceful restart if you change the configuration.

If you have a hierarchy where some people can edit the general configuration, and others only have access to certain vhosts, place the virtual host configuration in separate files and use Include to pull them into the main file. You can then make multiple unix groups, like 'webmaster' and 'webminions', make the main config writable by the former and the vhost configurations by the latter.

Unix groups are fairly simple compared to some access control schemes, but they can work really well for this kind of stuff.

S.
Mmmhhh i think i've explain not so good.
I'm searching something like mysql control center for apache.
My problem is not about config files permissions, but find a simple tool to add, modify, remove virtual hosts and give it to a person doesn't know apache syntax or structure. I'm looking for some front-end to manage virtual hosts configs, .htaccess configs or similar.

NR

--

Saluti / Best regards
---

* * / Nando Ronsisvalle / * * / / / /
/ / I.C.T. Department / / / / / /

* * Meridionale Impianti S.p.A. * *
Stab. Piano Tavola
Bivio Aspro
Phone: 095. 756.31 int.211
e-mail: n.ronsisvalle@xxxxxxxxxx <3D%22mailto:n.ronsisvalle@xxxxxxxxxx%22>

---

* NOTA DI RISERVATEZZA *
La presente comunicazione, corredata dei relativi allegati, contiene informazioni confidenziali ed =E8 riservata esclusivamente ai destinatari. Qualora abbiate ricevuto il messaggio per errore, vi preghiamo di contattare il mittente e di procedere immediatamente all'eliminazione del messaggio. Vi informiamo che ogni uso, copia, distribuzione o stampa del presente messaggio e' proibito dalla legge (art. 15 Cost., art. 616 cod. pen.).
Grazie.