Symantec Antivirus installed during apache_2.2.4-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi

I downloaded apache_2.2.4-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi from
the //apache.cs.utah.edu/pub/apache.org mirror.  I
used the md5 method to validate and validation
appeared to be successful.  During apache install
there was an error when SymantecAntivirus was being
installed.  I do not have the exact error message but
the apache install continued after clicking the Cancel
to proceed past the Symantec install.

The apache install appeared to be working but when I
did a right click on the Start button (Windows XP SP2)
I would get a SymantecAntivirus.msi install error as
it was trying to access a file on C:\temp\.
It was a rather time consuming process to rid my
machine of this partial Symantec installation.  Part
of my concern is that this was a 10.0 version of Sym
AntiVirus.  We just had a virus outbreak because of
vulnerability in that version of Symantec antivirus.

I am posting this question because I have not seen any
indication, on the apache site, about this problem.
Have others seen this problem?  Why does apache 2.2.4
install SymantecAntivirus software?

Thanks