Re: Locating the terminal's IP

So if I wanted to protect a site on server C to only allow access to certain IP's (say including A's IP).
If A connects to B then has B make the requests, there is no way for C to receive any information about A's IP?
Therefore the client may be denied from being access the site... correct?

What would be the best way to work around this?
Can B be formatted so its IP is dynamically reassigned to A's when requesting to that specific page?

Thanks again!

On 1/31/07, Darren Spruell <phatbuckett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/31/07, Liz Kim <lizkim270@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This may be a simple question but I am a bit confused...
> Any input will be appreciated!!
>
> If the client is on a machine A then logs on to a different server B using
> ssh...
> then starts a web browser from the ssh and tries to access a site on server
> C.
>
> I've noticed that in the access logfiles, C only sees the IP of B since B is
> making all the requests..
> Is there a way to find out the actual IP address of the machine the client
> is on - A?

Ask someone on B to report what IP address the SSH connection from A
originated from.

This is the nature of tunneling to a remote system.

DS