RE: SSL Certificate on Intranet Virtual Host

Hi,

This is my first contribution to the list so please don't be too rude if
I'm wrong ;-)

But I think we have the same situation here:

Onename.server.com/
Othername.server.com
Somethingelse.server.com

And our SSL certificate is for *.server.com

** WE ** did provide this certificate from ** our own ** certificate
authority (not from Verisign or else).
That's what causes a warning to pop up ("the certificate can't be
verified)

If you're in the same situation, you need to provide your clients with
the certificate of the certificate authority. This should be a .crt file
that you can publish on http => this way, clients can just access the
url (http://Onename.server.com/thecertificate.crt,
http://Othername.server.com/thecertificate.crt, etc.) and the web
browser (IE or Firefox at least) will automaticaly suggest to import the
certificate of the certificate authority => do this once and you'll
never have the warning anymore.

Hope I helped,

Olivier

Olivier CHIROUZE