From: Norman Peelman [mailto:npeelman@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 4:24 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Re: piping logs in apache2.2 on windows
2003/XP

Ok,  first of all, is that the first log file you see and then you say
it won't create a new log file every 5 mins?  RotateLogs.exe is in
charge of the logfile now so it will only write to the logfile (or
create a new one) when there is an error. If everything is running
smooth on your server you may not see a logfile every five minutes, let
alone every day. I have mine set for 86400 (one day) and have 'skippped
logfiles' on days that had no errors.  Basically you need to just 'let
it run' or just to prove it's working set it to 10 seconds and then make
requests that generate output to the logfiles. This is really easier to
do with the access.log but if it's working there then it's working for
the error.log too (this is what I did).

Norm
---
FREE Avatar hosting at www.easyavatar.com