RE: Auth via SQL

Nathan Kellogg <mailto:apache@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We tried using mod_authn_dbd with MySQL but there are apparently no
> MySQL ( or PostgreSQL ) drivers built in to the mod_authn_dbd or to
> mod_dbd.   I do not have the resources to compile myself so that is
> where I get stuck!

Yes, that has something to do with licensing:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr-util/trunk/INSTALL.MySQL?revision=3
71029

As mentioned in the INSTALL file above, a MySQL driver *is* available
for download at http://apache.webthing.com/database/ but if you want to
use it you'll have to compile everything yourself (and you may need to
apply some patches to get things to compile).
I must say that I never got mod_authn_dbd to work on 2.2.3 with MySQL
(reliably), however that could also be my mistake.

There is also mod_auth_mysql which I got to work on 2.2.3 for both user
and group (at the time I tried 2.2.3, only user auth was available).
There is a patch available for mod_auth_mysql-3.0.0 to make it compile
with Apache 2.2.3.
If you installed the Apache that comes with your distro, maybe there is
prebuilt package version available that you can use. Not knowing your
distro and Apache version, several mod_auth_mysql packages are listed on
http://fr2.rpmfind.net/.

Grts,
Rob