Re: Running Apache with DocumentRoot on a Mapped Drive

Yes, you can achieve what you're trying to do, however, there are some
gotchas that I could not work around.

First of all, the reply above this one, may not always work, and it did
not work for me.

If you are running apache as a service, change the account the service
logs into.  This may not work (didnt for me).

So what I did (I use XAMPP's prepacked apache) was to turn off the
apache service and run apache from the batch file.

I set my virtual root for one of my sites to a UNC name like so:

//10.0.0.1/website/html

I then started the apache batch file and it worked.

There aren't many posts out there on doing this and even fewer correct
answers.  Just wanted to post my results that finally worked so others
might benefit.

Cheers,
Mark

--