Re: Apache gives SSL Library error complaining about common name - Help

Ok. I believe that the problem in in the proxy. Client certificates
AREN'T proxied. As far as I remember, you have you server configured
with "SSLVerifyClient Required", that means that client MUST provide a
certificate to get access, but their proxy doesn't ask for it and
doesn't peresnt it tou your server. So you have that error because
there is no client certificate in SSL handshake. One of the solution
is to configure their proxy to use a certificate to connect to your
server (Apache mod_proxy can do that) but itr breaks a whole idea of
access control, because in this case all users of their proxy will be
authenticated with one common cert.

Hope that was clear.