"AcceptPathInfo Off" for Apache 1.3 - is there a solution or a patch?

Dear friends,

As  many  other  Apache users I still continue using 1.3 version (1.3.37
now).  The  only  thing  I  really  miss  in 1.3 is "AcceptPathInfo Off"
directive.  Actually,  I  believe that pathinfo acceptance by default is
evil,  and  lots of sites may be really broken (visually) because of it.
Just an example:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html/pathinfo
Not fine, yeah?

Please,  give  me  some  advice  on  how  to completely disable pathinfo
acceptance  in  Apache  1.3. It will be just OK if error 404 will be the
result of any pathinfo usage.

For a single site I can "emulate" "AcceptPathInfo Off" with mod_rewrite,
but  is  there  a  way to write global rewrite rules in httpd.conf which
will  disable  pathinfos  in all sites of all virtual hosts (actually, I
came to the conclusion that it's impossible, but I may be wrong)?

Or,  maybe  someone would provide me with 1.3.37 sources patch?  I think
it  would  be  even  better.  I feel that it is not very hard to disable
pathinfo  acceptance in the sources, but it is hard for me to understand
them by myself.

With the best regards,
Denis Solovyov