pid file

Hi,

I am trying to start 2 servers using the same httpd program, and for doing this, I specify the base directory for each server, using:

/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -d /path_to_server1
/usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -d /path_to_server2

In each of those 2 directories I have a directory named "conf" with the configuration files, and I also have a directory named "logs" for storing the log files, and the PID file.

In each of those 2 httpd.conf files I have specified:

PidFile logs/httpd.pid

The problem is that Apache stores httpd.pid in /usr/local/apache2/logs instead of storing it in the "logs" directory under the base directory specified when starting the server.

I can specify the full path for httpd.pid, but I don't understand why the "conf" directory is used from the base directory specified, but the "logs" directory is not, and it is used the "logs" directory from the main directory where Apache is installed.

Couldn't be Apache made so that when -d [directory_name] is used at startup, to use it as a parent directory for "logs" also?

Octavian