Verisign signatures with Apache server

Title: Verisign signatures with Apache server

This is my first posting.  I don't know much about this server, so please be patient.

My company has an Apache server which is used to send and receive AS2 messages.  The server was set up with a virtual host to allow both inbound and outbound processing on the same instance.

The server was originally set up with self-signed certificates and is working fine.  However, now we have a requirement from our users to replace with Verisign certificates.  Can the Apache server be set up to use Verisign certificates?  If so, how can this be done?

Thanks for your help!