Re: Building Static Apache on AIX 5.2 with GCC

The libraries are a part of gcc, and there is a policy at my work that
prevents compilers from being installed on production boxes.  I might
be able to get them to install gcc but remove the actually compiler
executable, but I'm not sure and I wanted to figure out what the
correct way to do this is so that gcc doesn't have to be installed.

On 1/3/07, Vidiot <brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I have two AIX 5.2 servers; one for development and one for
>production.  My development box has various GNU tools installed such
>as gcc, autoconf, libtool, binutils, etc, and no IBM compiler.  I can
>successfully build (not-statically) on this box (with gcc obviously).
>My production box doesn't have any of these tools though, and I am not
>allowed to install them due to security concerns.  When I copy the
>compiled product to the production server and try to run it I get an
>error because the gcc libs aren't available on this box.
>
>For this reason it seems that I need to compile a static version.
>(Someone correct me if there is another option.)  I'm having some
>issues doing so though.  First I compile a static version of openldap
>2.3.27 with the following config.

OK, I have a dumb question... why not get the administrator to install
the libraries that you need?  That certainly isn't a security issue.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@xxxxxxxxxx                                /~\ The ASCII
                                                         \ / Ribbon Campaign