Apache authentication

I am attempting to set up several websites as virtual hosts on the same box using Apache2 on Suse Linux 10.1.  These should be set up so that one group (call them Administrators) has access to all the sites and one specific user for each site will have access to the sites.  To this end, I have installed and configured AuthLDAP.  Everything works properly, except I can’t figure out the correct syntax to allow both the specific user AND the specific group to access the web site.  If I use “require valid-user,” anyone in the LDAP directory can access the site.  If I use “require user user1,” the user can access the site, but the group can’t.  If I use “require ldap-group cn=my, ou=ldap, dc=group”, the group can access it, but the specific user can’t.  I could make another group that contains all the users that need to access the site, but if the number of sites becomes large, this will become somewhat unwieldy.  Is there some better way of approaching this?

Drew Burchett

United Systems & Software

Ph:    (270)527-3293

Fax:  (270)527-3132

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

believed to be clean.