Re: No permission to access files.

On Mon, January 1, 2007 4:06 pm, Rod Rook wrote:
> I've been running httpd web server under Fedora Core 4.
>
> Now, I installed Fedora Core 6 onto another hard drive and configured
> httpd
> server with the same /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf as under FC4.
>
> My web server is running now, but outside browsers get an error
> message of
> no permission to access to the following files: main.php and menu.php.

Exactly what error message is it?

WILD GUESS:
It's something about "safe mode" or "exec_dir"

These are PHP settings from php.ini which have almost nothing to do
with Apache per se.

Compare your old php.ini and the new one, if you can, or turn off
"safe_mode" (which is a horrible name for something that isn't really
all that safe, and which does nothing useful at all if you are running
PHP as a Module, and which is going away in PHP 6 anyway)

You can also relax the restrictions on exec_dir until you can figure
out how to work that correctly, with very little risk -- It really is
only useful for ISPs with shared hosting, for the most part.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?