Hot Standby with proxy balancer / httpd 2.2.3

Hello,

I have been trying to set up a simple proxy balancer with a hot standby.

For a while I saw the status=+H (Hot Standby) option documented in the
documentation from TRUNK on the httpd site [1].

Now, though the same documentation appears on the version 2.2 documentation [2].

I downloaded httpd v2.2.3 and tried to set up a hot standby, but the
server threw an error:
BalancerMember Unknow status parameter option

Checking the documentation that came with the distribution (after the
install) does not mention the 'status' parameter at all.

I checked the source code on SVN, and the hot standby status code is
available on the trunk [3], but not on the 2.2.3 tag [4]. Then again,
this bit of code is available on the 2.2.x branch [5].

I am kind of confused as to when and if the hot standby feature would
be available.

I am using the Windows MSI install of httpd on a Windows XP box.

Any pointer would be helpful.

Thanks and have a Happy New Year.

Regards,
Bindul