Re: Apache and client certs

if you use Apache Reverse Proxy, then SSL Session will be terminated at the Reverse Proxy and the SSL Authentication / verification is done by reverse proxy

to transport some certificate information to your WebSphere can use:

RequestHeader set "HTTP_USER_ID" %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN}e

The WebSphere Application now can authorize the user based on http header "HTTP_USER_ID", but your application must be able to.

You also may have a look at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#forwardreverse

regards

Manuela.Vorazzo@xxxxxx schrieb:

Hello everyone!
I've an apache 2.2 WebServer that is working as a reverse proxy for a WebSphere application server that is on a separate machine.

Now I have a web application that need an information that is included in a client certificate field (OU).

I would like to know if, with apache, is possible to obtain a configuration where the webserver requires the client cert but doesn't verify it and pass it to the application server that can verify it.

I have such a configuration with IBM http Server. Here there is a directive in the http server configuration file that let you specify "passthrough" value for client cert.

Please let me know!

Thanks in advance

Manuela Vorazzo
\