Re: mod_status.so - How do I get this to work?

On Dec 21, 2006, at 4:06 PM, Techguy wrote:

Kind of confused here .... is this not supposed to come with Apache. From what I read this is an Apache module. I compiled and installed the source from the Apache site, I never use packages or RPM's. I also looked to see if
there is a configure option, but can't find anything regarding this.

Apache comes with a module called mod_status. It displays a status page for your web server, and can also generate machine-readable output. Odds are that this is what your web traffic program wants to see.

In the current version of the Apache HTTP Server, 2.2, mod_status is compiled by default (unless you explicitly turn it off). This has been the case as long as I can remember, but I can't say for sure about any 1.3 version... it's just too long ago.

Distributors usually supply the standard collection of modules, or more, as loadable plugins which have to be activated using LoadModule. If you compiled your own, did not turn off mod_status explicitly, and did not tell the build process to build your modules shared, chances are that you have it compiled into httpd. You can find out by running httpd -l : if mod_status.c is on the list you can omit the LoadModule. The rest of the configuration information you web traffic thingy tells you to put in should suffice.

S.

--
sctemme@xxxxxxxxxx            http://www.temme.net/sander/