Re: Problem using apache as a reverse proxy for https

On 12/15/06, frank rittinger <frank.rittinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

I think that port forwarding will not work, based on domain names (I have multiple domains pointing to the same IP address).

I guess, I have to use properly configured certificates and decrypt/encrypt at the proxy...

Well, in general you can't have multiple names on the same IP address
when vhosting SSL anyway, since there is no way for the correct
certificate to be negotiated.  So unless you are doing something very
special, you're going to need to rethink the whole strategy.

Joshua.