RE: mod_access => mod_authz_host change

You want to run two different *versions* of apache, which take different
directives, off the *same* config?

As you've probably realised, the config file syntax does not support any
dynamic assignment stuff - it's just a flat file. The only way you can
do this is by generating the file at runtime with a script or
preprocessor (m4/perl/python/whatever...)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Both machines are Debian, with Stable showing:
>
> $ /usr/sbin/apache2 -l
> Compiled in modules:
>   core.c
>   mod_access.c
>   mod_auth.c
>   mod_log_config.c
>   mod_logio.c
>   mod_env.c
>   mod_setenvif.c
>   prefork.c
>   http_core.c
>   mod_mime.c
>   mod_status.c
>   mod_autoindex.c
>   mod_negotiation.c
>   mod_dir.c
>   mod_alias.c
>   mod_so.c
>
> And on Sid:
>
> $ /usr/sbin/apache2 -l
> Compiled in modules:
>   core.c
>   mod_log_config.c
>   mod_logio.c
>   prefork.c
>   http_core.c
>   mod_so.c
>
> Frankly, that seems a bit sparse for me.  Hard to imagine never
> needing "Allow".
>

> --
> Bill Moseley
> moseley@xxxxxxxx

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.