Re: Best way to activate changes in PRODUCTION Apache system without stopping and starting server

On 12/13/06, Roger Hendrix at Baldor-IS <RHendrix@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings:

A simple question!

I have a production system running Apache 2.2 over a SLES10 linux operating system.

I have made changes to the SSL links in a virtual host that is running on the server.

Is there a way to activate these changes without doing an rcapache2 stop  & reapache2 start?

I know nothing about SLES, but any decent apache install will have a
way to gracefully restart apache, which will cause apache to reread
the config without losing any existing or pending connections.  Try
reading through rcapache2 to see what options it provides, and in the
worst case, send a USR1 signal to the root-owned process.

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/stopping.html#graceful

Joshua.