Re: LimitRequestBody and mod_proxy_balancer

Are you in New Orleans
----- Original Message ----- From: "Xavier Noria" <fxn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 4:48 PM
Subject:  LimitRequestBody and mod_proxy_balancer

I have an application served by Apache 2.2.3 + mod_proxy_balancer to forward dynamic requests to a few Mongrel processes, and some rewrite rules to serve static content directly (a typical setup for Rails). That's configured as a virtual host, in case it matters.

This web site features video uploading and we would like to limit the allowed size to 30MB. According to the docs we have tried LimitRequestBody, but looks like proxied requests bypass it. I don't see a way to restrict uploads in Mongrel, and Rails controllers are called once everything is on disk, so we cannot prevent huge uploads from within the application.

Is there a way to accomplish that from Apache with this setup?

-- fxn