Does Apache Restrict Multiple Concurrent Connections from one IP?

I’m trying to figure out what is happening…. I have multiple files I want to download from my server via http.  I click the first link, get the SaveAs dialog box, enter a filename and the download starts.  While that is downloading, I click the second link, do the SaveAs, and the second one starts downloading.  I then click a third link, the progress indicator comes up, but the SaveAs dialog does not come up.  It hangs until one of the other two download completes.  Immediately after one of the other two downloads completes, the third SaveAs dialog pops up and I can continue.

I’ve also noticed a similar behavior with iTunes podcast downloads.  iTunes will try to start 3 concurrent downloads, but the third one hangs until one of the other two finish.

I figure this is some sort of throttle either being enforced by Apache httpd on my server side or by Windows XP’s TCP stack in some way on my client box.  I guess it could also be some sort of restriction enforced by TimeWarner Roadrunner, my ISP.

So my question is… is Apache httpd blocking the third request until one of the other two requests completes?  Or is it in Windows or roadrunner some place?  If it’s in httpd, is there some config parameter that I could at least perhaps bump it up to 3 or 4 concurrent requests?

Thanks.

Jerry