RE: 2 vhosts with same file names - Apache only uses one file

BTW - just to check - this *is* plain HTTP, yes? You're not running
HTTPS on these sites, by any chance?

> Read that article before and had tried that. It makes no difference.

So now your config looks like this?

    NameVirtualHost *

    <VirtualHost *>
    ServerName emp2.mydomain.com
    DocumentRoot "c:/home/http/empsupport2"
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost *>
    ServerName emp3.mydomain.com
    DocumentRoot "c:/home/http/empsupport3"
    </VirtualHost>

NB - use of "*" in NameVirtualHost and VirtualHost directives.

> Just tried it again to make sure. It also mentions that older browsers
> might not send the information required for name based
> virtual hosts to
> work correctly. I use a current browser, not the latest
> though. (firefox
> 1.5). I also tried it with IE to make sure.

All this is referring to is that some prehistoric browsers might not set
the Host header.. not an issue in the last 5 years at least.

Going right back, you posted these lines in an earlier post:

    ServerName emp2. mydomain.com
<VirtualHost emp3. mydomain.com>
    ServerName emp3. mydomain.com

Are those spaces really there in the config? Or are they typos? (BTW -
if they're typos, please be more careful and cut'n'paste exactly - don't
paraphrase).

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Signed: still stumped.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.