RE: Apache accessible only from localhost on Windows XP

A timeout suggests FW. I know you checked this.... but check the FW logs
for dropped connections.

> - Tried to change listening port of Apache ---> Behaviour
> didn't change

I assume you *do* have something like "Listen 80"? BTW, I hope you don't
have "Listen 127.0.0.1" - once you list even one address in a Listen,
that is the *only* address that gets listened to and all others are
ignored.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Note that on the machine running the webserver I have a dual
> boot system. So
> I tried to install Apache on the linux: the result is a
> perfectly working
> server machine. No problems of accessibility, even from the LAN.
> That makes me exclude network problems (according to this,
> note that the
> ping was successful). Problem is only related on running the
> server on
> Windows XP.
>
> This is not all. I have to say, that *sometimes* I'm
> successful in getting a
> *single* page from Apache on Windows. This happens when I'm
> not accessing
> the server since a long time. But after the first successful
> connection,
> server cease to work again.
> To show you the behaviour I'm talking about, I'll post the
> output of a
> telnet connection attempt to Apache. You'll see a first successful
> connection attempt, immediately followed by another identical
> connection
> attempt, this time being rejected:
>
> ---------------------
> telnet 41.10.215.60 80
> Trying 41.10.215.60...
> Connected to 41.10.215.60.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> GET /
> by foreign
> host.
>
> telnet 41.10.215.60 80
> Trying 41.10.215.60...
> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out
> ---------------------
>
> I do not have success in connecting again after the first
> attempt. The only
> way I have to gain access again is to wait some time, or to
> reboot the
> machine.
> I'm experiencing exactly the same problem with a small test
> client/server
> application written by myself. That makes me exclude that the
> problem is in
> Apache.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help. Sorry for any mistake in
> my English.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.