Re: Controlling an external program using Apache

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:48:02 +0530
shahid <s.shaheed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am a newbie.
>
> I have the following requirements with Apache 2.2.
>
> 1) An executable needs to be started when Apache has started
> 2) The same executable needs to be stopped when Apache is going to
> shutdown.

Well, you could write a module to do that.  But there are subtleties
to consider, like what you want to happen when apache is restarted.

But if it's an existing program and you want to use it black-box,
you might prefer to tie it in to apachectl.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/