[users@httpd] Is VirtualHost + mod_rewrite + ReverseProxy + LimitRequestBody possible?

Hi Everybody,

We are trying to establish an apache setup where one virtual hosts (public.test.com) has rewrite rules to forward the requests to another http server in the DMZ (hidden.test.com). Now we want to restrict the maximum POST request size for these forwarded requests since the server hidden.test.com cannot be configured to do that.

The LimitRequestBody works in the global config and the virtual-host config (I used LimitRequestBody 1, so requests with Content-Length: 2 cause a 413 - Request entity too large error), but does not work on the proxied requests.

Is it possible to do that, has someone succeeded yet, is it impossible or a bug?

greetings roman