Re: [users@httpd] Help Wanted for Setup

At 11:14 AM 11/16/2006, you wrote:
  I am looking for PAID help in the setup of Apache 2.2 on a WINXP
box.   We will be running openSSL, AUTH and later FastCGI, MYSQL and
PHP.   This server will host multiple sites and multiple SSL certs.

Would prefer to hire someone who will be available later on, after the
setup is done, from time to time.

   Also preferred is someone < 3 +/-  from PST.

Please reply directly to apache@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with qualifications and
hourly pay expected.

While I might be able to get by and help you, I am nowhere near an expert, and have no qualifications other than installing Apache with Mysql and php on a os/x mac box, so I wouldn't even consider attempting to, or much less charging, to do the same on a Windows box, however I can suggest the manual. That's what helped me out installing it on my system. Sure, you can probably find someone who will get things up and running for a fee. But then, sometime later, you'll change something. And it will break. And you'll be at a loss on how to fix it. And the person you paid to install it won't be able to look at it for a week. Could you afford to be down for a week? Or a day?

Happened to me. I installed it, and things were fine. I tried to change one thing down the road, and it broke. Took me near 2 days to fix it. Had I not installed it, I would not have known how to fix it.

Just making the suggestion. Depending on your level of expertiese, it's not that hard.

Evan