Re: [users@httpd] Problem with POST method

Steve Swift ha scritto:
It is almost certainly an error to have the action of a form reference a static webpage. At a guess, you are settinng the action to the same static page that contained the form. That's bound to cause problems, not least of which would be confusion! Every <FORM> that I've ever seen sets the action to a URL which runs a script of some sort or another. How else are you going to process the input from the form?
Hi Steve,
thanks for the reply. I'm using this strange page because this is a small fragment of html code that reproduce the problem.
This java fragment can also be used to reproduce the problem

       URL url = new URL("http://xxxxxxxxx/default/post.jsp";);
       HttpURLConnection con = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();
       con.setRequestMethod("POST");
       con.connect();
       InputStream content = (InputStream)con.getContent();
       System.out.println(content);
       int c;
       while ((c = content.read()) != -1) {
           System.out.print((char)c);
       }

or a wget --post-data, ecc.
Anyway we have found that this depends on the port apache is running on and if the request came from outside the firewall rather than from the internal network. So it looks like is something due to the firewall/balancer or something else but we are still trying to understand what's happening.

If anybody knows of some firewall configuration that work at http level stopping post request (?) please let me know. Or maybe there something else with a wrong configuration (maybe something with the balancer) that spit out something (we have some DUP packets in tcpdump, but no rst.

Ok, I just received a call from my colleague as they found that the provider enabled, unrequested, some kind of http blocking/inspection that caused the problem. Now should be ok.

Thanks, bye

Lorenzo