Re: [users@httpd] client side certificates authentication in virtual hosts

On 11/8/06, Benjamin Cuthbert <benjamin.cuthbert@xxxxxx> wrote:

All

Can you run two SSL virtual host URLS on the same IP address and have one
running with no client certificate authentication and one running without
client authentication. I have tried it and the options

         SSLVerifyClient require
        SSLVerifyDepth 1

But when this is enabled on one of the virtual hosts it takes out the other
virtual host and i am unable to connect.

When using one IP address, you'll likely have the same problem with
the client certificates that you do with the server certificates: the
certificate must be selected before the hostname is known.  So I doubt
this will work.

Joshua.