Re: [users@httpd] charset issues

> On 11/6/06, Joshua Slive <joshua@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Did you restart the server?  I still give 90% odds that this is the problem.

Yes, I restarted it. :)

What does the server send in the HTTP response headers?  The meta
stuff in the html headers is completely ignored if there is a charset
given in the HTTP response headers.

I apologize for my cluelessness, but how do I see those headers? I've
never had to debug a page before ...

> I notice that in httpd.conf, it
> seems to have some knowledge of windows-1251, but not windows-1252 ...

That is a very vague statement.  If you are talking about AddCharset
lines, then these have no effect unless the filename extension
matches.

It's vague because I'm not quite sure what I'm talking about. I
assumed, probably incorrectly, that it only knew about character sets
listed in those AddCharset lines and since I didn't see the one giving
a problem I wondered if that was the problem.
--
       -ste