On 10/31/06, Neville Aga <neville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Try #2 - any takers out there? I am interested in upgrading my existing web
site to have a way for people to log in via forms and set a cookie, and have
a module that lets people sign up for accounts, email out a confirmation,
handle lost passwords, etc. I want to do this with my existing apache /
mod_perl install. I am seeing several scripts and options out there, both
paid and free and I want to poll this community on what the best way is to
achieve this functionality with an existing script/module. I dont want to
re-invest the wheel - any takers?

Your question is way too broad and general and, furthermore, has
nothing in specific to do with the Apache HTTP Server.

Pretty-much every web application in existence needs to handle this
basic session-management and user-data problem.  The optimal way to
handle it depends specifically on the details of your site and on the
web framework that you are deploying.  There is absolutely no way to
help you with the problem given how vague and general that you framed
it.  And even if you want to be more specific, you should try a list
targeted at the specific tools you are going to use (in this case,
mod_perl).

Joshua.