Re: [users@httpd] Directory index forbidden by Options directive

2006/10/30, Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@xxxxxxx>:
I don't know what you're doing wrong... I tried you're config as you
described it and it works fine. There must be an additional config
snippet somewhere that is screwing things up for you. Do you have any
"Includes"?

To debug further, strip it down to just this VH and check that you get
the expected behaviour. Then put back all additional complications
(other VHs, rewrite rules, SSL, whatever...) one piece at a time, until
it breaks again - maybe that will shed some light on it...

Thanks for the tip. I found the culprit. Fedora Core 5 (i think the
previous versions also) has a welcome.conf in conf.d:

<LocationMatch "^/+$">
   Options -Indexes
   ErrorDocument 403 /error/noindex.html
</LocationMatch>

Since I like the welcome page I came with this workaround:

<VirtualHost 10.1.1.103:80>
  ServerName yumrepo.s0
  DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/yum"
  <Location />
     Options Indexes
  </Location>
  <Directory "/var/www/html/yum">
     AllowOverride None
     Options Indexes
     Order Allow,Deny
     Allow from all
  </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

I think it is kind of ugly. If you can see something more elegant just say it.

Regards, Clodoaldo Pinto Neto