Re: [users@httpd] virtual hosts runnig on different ports

If you are starting/stopping the individual virtual servers in IPlanet
then those are "Instances" and not "Virtual Hosts". Each Iplanet instance
runs it's own ns-httpd daemon so to provide this "start/stop" feature in
apache you'll need to use multiple apache httpd daemons and start them
using the -f or -d option pointing to the individual config files/dir.

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, sharath reddy wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thanks Joshua, At present we are using iplanet 4 and want to migrate to
> apache. In iplanet we are runnig 3 virtual servers on 3 different ports(same
> ip address and sever name) which can be stopped and started individually, So
> i would like to have the same in apache.
>

> On 10/23/06, Joshua Slive <joshua@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On 10/23/06, sharath reddy <reddy.web@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > thanks for response, but I need to run 3 (virtual)hosts on 3 different
> > > ports(same ip address) which can be controlled individually. is there
> > any
> > > solution for this?
> >
> > Yes.  Run three instances of apache.
> >
> > But why do you need this individual control?  Perhaps there is another
> > solution if you give more specifics about the problem.
> >
> > Joshua.

"Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services