RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 Startup on Suse 10.0??

> > Does ne1 have a recommendation to get Apache 2.2.3 to automatically
> > restart on Suse 10.0?
>
> Why don't you use the /etc/init.d/apache2 file made by SuSe, modify
> the various paths and then "insserv -d your_script"?
>
> >>I apologize for not mentioning it but I compiled Apache.

Actually it was clear to me that you compiled it from scratch but it's
my understanding that your current script in /etc/init.d is not
working. For this reason my advice was to install the apache 2.2.x rpm
provided by suse, make a copy of its apache2's init.d file and
modified it to fit your installation path.

Kind regards

Gaël

>> Well, I fixed the problem. I found an error hidden in /var/log/boot.msg stating there was a problem binding port 80 to a socket. I modified the listen directive in httpd.conf to *:80 and *:443 instead of <ipaddr>:80, etc. and it fixed the problem. This is peculiar because my other web servers are built the same way.

Thanks