Re: [users@httpd] Can't get mod_dumpio to work

On 10/20/06, Jose María Sánchez de Ocaña <jsandeo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Hi,

I've just downloaded & compiled the latest stable release of the 2.2.3
apache server, because I wanted to be able to use mod_dumpio to help
debug my web app.
It took me a good 2 hours to get everything running again (I was
upgrading from apache 2.0.something). Anyway, after all, I haven't
managed to get mod_dumpio to work :( . And I've tried mostly everything
that could come up to my mind...
- googling
- enabling dumpio as a shared module
- building apache with dumpio preloaded
- tweaking all sorts of LogLevel options
- placing the "DumpIOOutput On" directive at different places of my
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf file and /etc/apache2/sites-available/*.conf
files (I'm running Debian)
- more googling :(

It's somewhat unclear from this how you compiled apache as the paths
look simillar to those used by the debian 'package'. Are you trying to
use mod_dumpio from apache 2.2 with the debian 2.0?

I know dumpio is not supported, but if anyone has any experience or can
help me try anything else, I'll appreciate it very much.

What errors do you see when you try to start you server? Using "httpd
-e debug" (or apache2 or whatever other thing debian calls the server
binary) might help too.

About my box...
localhost:/etc/apache2# uname -a
Linux localhost 2.6.15-1-686-smp #2 SMP Thu Feb 2 18:39:24 UTC 2006 i686
GNU/Linux
localhost:/etc/apache2# apache2 -vl
Server version: Apache/2.2.3
Server built:   Oct 20 2006 02:36:18
localhost:/etc/apache2# apache2 -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_dumpio.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_logio.c
  worker.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

Perhaps you should consider upgrading to a distro that packages apache
2.2 and one that does so without turning the configuration in to a
confusing mess.

--
noodl